Wednesday, August 24, 2011

sunset in palestine

Nothing out of the ordinary happened today.  Michael went to work and when he got home we decided we needed to go out to eat for dinner - A) because I'm struggling to cook - we don't have an oven... & B) I need to get out of the house.  I haven't started my internship and I'm getting cabin fever.  We chose a place/cafe called Tche Tche.  It came recommended, it's close by, and has Italian food. 

Due to Ramadan, we had to wait until 6:30.  In the meantime, we hung out on our balcony which we haven't really done since we've moved in.  The sun was about to set which makes the weather perfect.  No humidity, high 70's / low 80's, with just the right amount of breeze.  Pretty much perfect weather.  I've decided I HAVE to spend more time out there reading.  I don't know what I've been doing cooped up inside.  So we enjoyed the view (of Jerusalem in the distance) and snapped a few pics.

 There's a lot of construction going on nearby.



Afterwards, we headed down to call a cab and go eat!!!  But before we left, the security guard invited us to eat dinner with him downstairs (I keep forgetting his name, but it means "Moses" in Arabic).  He offered chicken and rice that his wife cooked.  It was SO good - partially because I was starving & also just because she did a fantasitc job on the chicken.  Sooo, we'll go out to eat tomorrow instead.  And of course, he then gave us fruit and Arabic coffee afterwards - so I'm absolutely stuffed again - and hyped up on coffee.  I eventually made my way back up to our apartment.  Michael stayed to watch soccer : )

No comments:

Post a Comment