Monday, March 12, 2012

2012 Walk to End Alzheimer's

This week I got something in the mail from the Alzheimer's Association for a fundraiser/walk this year at Atlantic Station.  My brother and I decided that we're going walk in the Walk to End Alzheimer's this September!  All the funds we raise will go towards research, prevention, treatments and a cure for Alzheimer's.

This walk is really important to me because my Grandma has been living with Alzheimer's for almost a decade now.  It's been really heartbreaking for my whole family and especially my Grandpa - whose commitment and devotion to my Grandma sets a real example of what marriage is about.  They've been married 64 years!  It's kind of hard to even comprehend how long that is!

My wonderful grandparents.

It'd mean a lot to me if any of my friends and family would make a donation and read my more detailed personal page here on the Alzheimer's Association website.

No matter how big or small, I'd be grateful for any contribution you'd be willing to make.  It would really mean the world to me.


4 comments:

  1. Wow reading this brought tears to my eyes. The dedication your grandfather has to his marriage is the epitome of true love. Just beautiful.

    Antoinette x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Antionette, even though we don't know each other, thank you so much for your kind words. It means a lot. I'm following Between the Lines now :)

      Delete
  2. This is truly inspiring me to do good in life. You write wonderfully and bring out the message clearly, so I would really like to help.
    Followed. And maybe you'll stop by me someday. =)

    thebookness.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Piril, thank you for stopping by my blog and for your sweet compliments. It's really touching to know you're feeling inspired. Any help you'd be willing to give would be so appreciated. You would be my first official donor! And I'm following The Bookness now <3

      Delete