Monday, May 4, 2015

25 Week Update


The last two weeks have gone by in the blink of an eye.  They're the kind where you know you've been busy, but can't even remember what you were so busy doing.  One thing's for sure - I've been growing.  I feel pregnant, I look pregnant, my "normal" clothes definitely don't fit now, and my belly measurement expanded by several centimeters.

I did take a day off this week to celebrate 10 years since Michael and I went on our first date!  I was an 18 year old freshman in college finishing up my final exams when Michael asked me out on a date (he was 20).  Something about him drew me in and all I wanted to do was get to know him more.  Ten years later, I'm so thankful God allowed our paths to cross.  I'm so thankful we ended up together, matured together, and made it through some difficult seasons.  He means more to me than words can express and I know he will be just as great a dad as he is a husband.



To celebrate, we ate Argentinian food (empanadas and steak sandwiches), got fro-yo, shopped, went to a midwife appointment.  It was great : )  As we sat and ate our frozen yogurt, there was a family sitting next to us celebrating ten years too - their daughter's 10th birthday.  And I thought it was cool, because about ten years from now, we will be celebrating our daughter's tenth birthday!



We had a nice weekend too.  Getting all sorts of baby preparations done, reading a baby book, making a registry, went to a church picnic...  Oh and we recently got a new foam mattress (hallelujah!!!!!) My back pain is almost 100% gone now and my tailbone pain has significantly decreased. Sleep (and what you're sleeping on) is important.

How far along? 25 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: at least 15 (not gonna lie --- it freaks me out)  
Maternity clothes? Nothing but maternity now (if I want to actually be comfortable).
Stretch marks? I don't think so.  I'm oiling up after my showers with Squalane oil from Rinse.  So far so good.
Sleep: Muuuuch better now that I have a good mattress.  Whew!
Best moment this week:  Celebrating 10 years with Michael : )
Miss Anything? Being able to bend over like normal to put shoes on hahahaha.  
Movement: Kicking all the time.  I can see my belly move now.
Food cravings: I'm not specifically craving stuff, but the last two weeks I greatly enjoyed potato salad and burgers, Fruitful O's cereal with almond milk, homemade tomato basil soup, and I made chocolate balls!  Plus veggies and hummus, green smoothies and eggs and toast haha.  I am a good eater.
Anything making you queasy or sick: red pepper doesn't sit well.  However, chipotle pepper is just fine.  Weird.
Have you started to show yet: Yea, but when I walk my dogs, I still get a few honks ; )  
Gender: still a girl!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? flattening
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time: happy!  I have a lot to be thankful and happy about.
Looking forward to: going to the lake, going to the beach, my brother's wedding!  All this month!!!!  Gonna be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment